Yes, I baked my first ‘chocolate muesli’ this morning inspired from a recipe I saw on the ‘thewholepantry’ app (TWP) Click here to download the app – I really recommend this app by the way! The app was founded by a women, Belle, who sadly suffers from brain cancer. TWP provides plant-based recipes with the aim to inspire people to live a healthier life. I have tried many of the recipes and I always love the end products!
Going back to what I was saying, I did not actually make the kind of ‘chocolate muesli’ that you may think of as you read the title of this post! I made my usual muesli but tweaked the ‘dressing’ a little bit. Here is the recipe:
– 2 cups Plain rolled oats
– Sliced dried figs (use as much as you like! I put about 1/2 cup)
– Dried cranberries (use as much as you like! I put about 1/2 cup)
– 1/4 cup Sesame seeds
– 1/4 cup Chia seeds
– 1/2 cup Pepitas
– 1/2 cup Sunflower seeds
– 1/3 cup Linseed
– 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons cacao powder
– 60mL Honey or Agave syrup
– 40mL Coconut oil
– Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees
– Pour all the ingredients (except the figs and cranberries!) together in a large mixing bowl.
– Using a spatula, mix all the ingredients well together.
– Pour the mixture in a pan with baking paper.
– Bake for about 20 minutes turning the mixture half-way through. Note: it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the muesli while it is cooking to prevent it from burning!
– Once the muesli is nice and golden remove it from the oven and add the dried figs and cranberries while the mixture is still warm.
– Store in airtight container
For my original muesli recipe, head to Grumbling tummy… Hungry for some home-made granola