I’m on a bit of a roll with banana-based recipes at the moment. I just hate chucking away over-ripe bananas when they are so perfect for baking. So this time I created a breakfast banana muffin recipe inspired by my beautiful friend’s recipe, thanks Kelsey!
Makes approximately 8 small muffins.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 over-ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees and prepare your muffin tints with muffin holders.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and honey. Add the eggs and whisk well.
- Add the mashed bananas and milk, followed by the banking soda, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the flour and oats to the mixture and mix together using a large spoon (mix until combined). You can add extra ingredients here if you like such as chocolate chips or nuts.
- Fill your muffin holders about two-thirds of the way. Sprinkle a few oats on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean).
I loved serving these muffins with yogurt sprinkled with honey on the side. These are also great take-away snacks!
If you have any suggestions please feel free to shoot them to me!